Monday, June 8, 2009

Random!

Another weekend in the books and I have to admit that it was one of those weekends I didn't want to end. We had some beautiful sunny days and. I was able to get out on the new machine, so life is good. Thursday I headed out for the first ride and man it was awesome (I have to thank Jay for working with me to get me back on the roads and riding such an awesome bike) I love riding this bike, I felt so comfortable and it is so light and I feel fast (even with legs tired from a 3 hour run the day before). Friday sv and bjr and I headed to the new uwo pool and although I am not sure if I am sold on this pool it was nice to get in a good workout even though the lifeguards cut it short. After a yummy breakfast we headed out for a ride and did some good hills and pick up efforts. Again, I was impressed how comfortable and strong I feel on this bike! Spent the remainder of Friday at work and then that evening had a few people over to see our apartment and Simon checked out our positioning on our bikes (triathletes sure know how to party,lol!)
Saturday I took advantage of not having to do anything and slept in! Life has been crazy stressful lately and it was so great to just relax and not have to be anywhere and get some much needed sleep! It was a beautiful day which meant another bike ride was needed, ended up only doing an hour and half but what a beautiful day, we actually got to see these 3 planes that must have been practicing for the air show, honestly it was so cool and random, I love that things like this keep happening! A burger and beer on the patio and I couldn't imagine a better way to spend the afternoon.
Sunday we headed over to watch the Lakeside Triathlon, where many friends were racing! They had amazing races and it was awesome to watch them go from nervous first timers to confident triathletes!(LTD even placed 2nd in her age category!!) I was so proud of them! Also had a chance to watch sv put in a solid race effort,which was very impressive! We had fun spectating and it was great to see everyone reach their goals after all the hard work they have put in and to be talking about the next race!
It's a rainy day today but I still plan on getting a ride in, although trainer rides aren't nearly as fun, I will get it done (8 weeks till race day!) And then I get to see my kidlets tonight---what could be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment