Sunday, May 31, 2009

Chilly

Even though the sun is shining out there today it didn't do much to save me from the 6 degree temperature and strong winds. I met up with a few friends at Lakeside today to go for an open water swim. Normally putting on my wetsuit warms me up a little and makes me want to jump in the water, however this morning I had goose bumps and had to swear a few times to get myself in the water. I love being out in the lake and swimming, something very peaceful about it and it's a combination of things I love, being outside and swimming. I was able to help a friend through her first open water experience and although I know she was frustrated, I was very proud of her because you can't always control how your body or mind will react to certain situations, but she didn't give up and in the end I think she was able to overcome the uncertainty! Getting out of the lake was painful and I couldn't get out of my wet clothes fast enough. At times, I really do question what makes us triathletes do such crazy things! But at the same time I love doing all of these crazy things, lol!
It was a pretty big week and there was a large amount of stress and emotions involved with getting ready, actually moving and starting over. It was overwhelming at points and sad at others, but I know that all things happen for a reason and that everything is going to be alright. I have an amazing family who love and support me and I have some of the most fantastic girl friends I could ever imagine. I honestly don't know what I would do with out you guys (BJ,PM,CJ,LTD,AG,SW,JS) you all inspire me and I thank you for being there for me through all of this! The new place is great and the view is soothing. Honestly, you have to come see this view!
Got some big training to get to this week and I am looking forward to hitting the road! See you out there.

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration to me. There will be good and tough times ahead, and remember that I am there for support and encouagement. Just remember that if you need anything, just ask.

    ReplyDelete