Saturday, June 20, 2009

Biking Legs..

I'm happy to be finding my biking legs, I knew I had it in me but I love discovering that the more I bike the stronger I get! I have been logging some quality mileage in my running these past few months and I was worried that with all the negativity and road blocks that have been thrown my way that I wouldn't be able to get through the bike mileage for UMC. However, with the new bike, I am happy to report that it fits me perfectly (no longer am I biking on a bike that is to big or fit to someone else) I feel strong and relaxed on the new machine and I have been able to get in some quality rides. Yesterday I was feeling fatigued and sluggish after doing my long run and because of this found the ride really challenging mentally. I had no idea what speed we were riding at and I think I was still depleted from the run, but after a Snickers bar, my legs bounced back and I finished the 3 hour ride feeling strong and was surprised by the speed we averaged despite feeling like I was struggling. That was a huge confidence booster for me! Getting ready for a long day tomorrow, starting with an open water swim, we swam in the lake yesterday and it is a great swimming spot, then doing a hard hilly ride, I'm prepared to get my butt handed to me but I can't wait to get out there and work the hills and prepare the legs for what I am going to face in 6 weeks! All I keep telling myself is that I am strong and can handle anything and these past few months have made me stronger! So hills get ready, here comes me and my new biking legs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment