Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

What a beautiful day to celebrate all the great dad's out there! (I got out and did a long hilly ride and I am so happy with how I did, but I will update you on that tomorrow, after an even longer hilly ride!)
 I know I have an amazing dad, he is one of those dad's you are happy to have been blessed with!  My dad is the number 1 man in my life for sure! Both my parents, to be honest are the best a girl could ever hope for! I was given some great advice and love from them both today and I felt so much better after talking to them. I guess that is what makes a parent great.  It isn't the material things or the the big gestures, it is those small moments when they are being themselves and taking care of you or giving you a shoulder to cry on or some advice that you may not have thought of or have been to afraid to look at because you are worried about the outcome. It is those moments when they know you better than anyone in the world and give you exactly what it was you needed, even though you had no clue what it is that was needed!  I am grateful to have such wonderful role models and people to help lead me down this path that I am on, they see the weakness creeping in and threaten to kick my butt at the right moments, mom reminded me to stay strong and my dad even dropped the f-bomb today, got to love it!  So to all those great dad's (and mom's) out there, I wish you all the best on this Father's Day and I am reassured to know that there are some great men out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment