Monday, January 18, 2010

Five..Six..Seven..

Ok the days all kind of got away from me there, but not to worry I did all my runs.
I headed out for my fifth run in the late morning. It was warmer and I was looking forward to the run but not really sure of where to run. I decided to do an out and back and try to come back stronger. Footing was better because the roads were dry so I felt more relaxed while I was out there. I felt great on the way out but then when I turned around it was right into a head wind, it kind of knocked my socks off, lol. No negative splitting happening this day :) (7.51km). My sixth run was probably my best one of the week. I was feeling a little sore from the weeks training but the sun was almost out and I had the thumps on and I felt like I could keep going. It wasn't fast but it was one of those runs that gets all the cob webs out and makes you feel so energized and content when you are done. Ended with 10.46km. Run #7 was a solid one to end out the week, legs were sore from a bike ride and core workout that I did the day before (and maybe the previous 6 runs) and I had 2 little terriers that chased and growled, and sadly I was intimidated!! I finished this run with a distance of 9.10 km. Overall I am really happy with the first 7 runs of the 30 day challenge. I did take have to take a day off (Bob, I am playing the single mom card and there is nothing you can do about it) but I will still get all 30 runs done, I will double up days to make up for those days that I just can't get out because of my little ladies! First week total distance was 61.75 km and the hamstring/glute is feeling pretty good!

1 comment:

  1. Card played! Good work keep it up. Got my "blackjack" run (#21 in a row) today.

    ReplyDelete