Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2 and 3...

I am a little behind but I am updating finally...
I headed out for run #2 with SV and I have to admit I wasn't ready for that one... I have had a bit of a chest infection/flu bug since right after Christmas and this run hurt. I felt like I was wheezing the entire time and I couldn't get the chest to "loosen up" so that I could get rid of some of the crap in there. My legs were a little sore from the first run and this is the fastest I have ran since the hamstring injury but man was I glad to have the excuse to cut this run short (because I had 28 more runs to do.... )I tried to get SV to join me on the 30 day challenge, but he refused, lol. Overall it was a good run and I did 7 km.
Run #3 was a cold one! I am not sure what the temperature was but man was my face cold. My legs were stiff and pretty sore and I decided to take it pretty easy. I loosened up after the first 10 minutes and actually really enjoyed the run. I did 7.68 km and it felt like a solid run. I could feel my butt/hamstring by the end of the run so I did some yoga and felt great the rest of the day.
I had kind of fallen off the running wagon because of the hamstring and I have to admit that I am enjoying getting back out there. I don't even mind the ridiculously cold temperatures and snow covered roads, it just feels so great to be out clearing the mind and pushing the body.
3 down..... only 27 to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment