Friday, April 17, 2009

The Drive and Day 1

Well I am going to try this again, I tried to do this earlier but the Internet connection isn't the best. We had a pretty great drive, it didn't seem like it took us 22 hours to get here so I guess that is a good thing, we stopped for dinner at this great little Thai place in Knoxville and it was so nice to sit and have real food. We pulled into Vacation Village at 7:45am today and none of us girls really got a lot of sleep in the van. We got settled into our rooms and had our first yoga class(9:30am) of the camp, I found myself on the edge of dozing off several times, I was feeling pretty beat but so happy to be here, the sun was shinning and it was warm. Noon rolled around and we headed out for a ride, so great to be in shorts and tank tops, the temp was 31 degrees and I was loving it, it was a pretty easy ride and got to meet and chat with some new people which was great. We were going to do an open water swim but the lake was pretty choppy and cold so we decided on a pool swim at the village. I ended up doing 50km today and it was pretty relaxed but so nice to be on my bike! Got back here and my head was pounding, realized I hadn't eaten anything other than a bagel at 7am and a protein bar, I needed food ASAP. After grabbing some food and enjoying the massiveness./greediness at the local Walmart (not impressed) we came back and I got the girls to get in the pool here with me. We were all feeling a little beat but swimming outdoors is just to nice to pass up! I only did 1500m as we had to shower and change for the welcome BBQ, but it was nice to get in and do a workout, I plan on swimming as much as possible. We got weighed in, body fat, metabolic age, visceral fat, etc. It was interesting and then the BBQ was good. There are some really nice people here and it will be a good day. I actually have to work tomorrow, doing some swim video and stroke work with all the athletes, so I am going to get up early and head out for a run. Then I plan on doing the 2+ hour ride with group and then a swim in the pool here. There is a yoga class and a workshop with a sport psychologist. So it looks like it will be a busy day! Here are a few pics so far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment