Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 4

It's been a long one today. Can't believe I am just getting around to this now. Started the day by waking up at 5:45am ate and got ready to head to the NTC (national training center), which was awesome, I have this thing for outside swimming and the pool at NTC is awesome, I was so pumped, there was a huge group of people in the water, but they had it set up to yards so there was plenty of room. Only about 7 of us went this morning and we each ended up getting our own lane, I was pumped, I had the masters guys beside me and they were moving and then Steve from the camp was in the other lane, he is only other fast swimmer here. Len was there to give us a workout (I am not allowed to coach on deck here) and it was great to be the athlete again and have someone give me a swim workout. I felt great in the water and Len gave us the main set of 9x200@3:00 descend 1-9, both Steve and I said 1-9 at the same time, that was going to be a challenge, 1-3 x3 is much easier to do, lol. It turned out to be a great set, I probably started out a bit to easy but I wanted to make sure I actually descended, lol. I got down to 2:19/2:20 for the last one and I never felt that I was working to hard, but maybe I could have gone a little harder, but still I was happy with the set. I also had Steve pushing to keep up with me so I think he enjoyed the workout as well, so it was a good day in the pool.
From the pool we headed out to some little area, Buckhill maybe, not sure, but it had a nice trail road that we ran on, Sheri went over some Chi running drills and then we set out on the road, the way out was warm but some good wind, however once we turned around I felt like I was going to melt into a giant puddle, the heat was intense, and it wasn't even 10:00am. I ended up doing a really strong 10km and felt like I was on fire, I drank almost an entire water bottle in 10km. I ran the last 5km with Lesley and I was dying, I don't enjoy humidity, I would rather run for hours in -25 degree than in this humidity, it sure is tough! (Here are C,L and I after our run all hot and sweaty!!)
After the run we picked up our bikes @ Chez Fraiser (where they had spent the night--the bikes not us!) and we rode to this cute little bakery that supposedly had great sandwiches, but we never got to find out because we rode up just after a tour bus pulled in and the line up for sandwiches was insane. I opted for an apple turnover and coffee instead--great nutrition I know but it was yummy. About half of the group then rode back to VV but I decided to ride back to the van and drive back, I wanted to get another swim in and my girlie area was anxious for a break from the bike seat!
I came back and did another swim workout at the pool here and then we did yoga and a workshop.
The girls took me shopping and I found a couple of cute things for my little girls (who I am missing terribly!!) I think C&L are trying to break me in gently for the big shopping day on Wednesday as they only took me to 2 stores today in 45 minutes, lol. Headed to bed now, tomorrow is big ride day, C&L are going to do their first 3 hour ride and I am headed with the "studs" for 150km, man it's been awhile but I can't wait! (They promised no Sugarloaf, but we shall see....)

No comments:

Post a Comment