Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hard Choices


Woke up this morning and greeted a very chilly day in Muskoka....
Once upon a time, I was an all season outdoor runner...I would run in any and all conditions, but SV has been successful in converting me, fair weather only. I was impressed to see others out there running and yes they did look happy but more importantly they looked down right cold... I know that a long run in the winter wonderland has a certain peace and beauty about it, but I hate being cold and have come to terms that those points don't outweigh the cold and wet and I like my knees too much to suffer through any winter runs...Plus it doesn't hurt that we have our own home gym right outside our back door (15 bitterly cold steps away!)...so today while my friends were out enjoying the bitter winter wind in their faces...I was here sweating out 11 miles in my shorts and tank top...tunes blaring, watching a Buffy the Vampire Slayer marathon...every once in awhile looking out to enjoy the peace and beauty of the winter wonderland!!

2 comments:

  1. This is nice - I'm looking forward to reading about someone else's pot-hole filled road to attaining a high goal while I train for the 2012 Leadville 100, and I've got a long way to go still so I'm counting on you!!!

    Russ MacKinnon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Russ!! We can support each other along the way...although your goal is huge!! (makes Olympic distance triathlon seem little!!) Here's to a great year of training and reaching our goals!!

      Delete