Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Inspiring

We are almost to the countdown point, 2 weeks tomorrow we fly out west, can you believe it? It is a little overwhelming to think what is approaching so quickly but at the same time, I am so excited to get out there and meet some of the people involved in this race. I know each of the athletes and crew members will have their own story, but I want to take a minute to tell you about one of the athletes that I have been corresponding with over the past few months as we are both training for our first Ultraman. John Callos has quite an interesting story of how he got involved in the sport of triathlon and has written a book called Iron Ambition. John sent me a copy of his book, (which you can read about and purchase here: http://www.ironambition.com/). It is a great book and highly motivational. I am so proud of him and excited for the journey that the sport of triathlon has brought to his life. I am looking forward to meeting him and racing beside him as we work towards a common goal of crossing the finish line!
I had a great run this morning, was able to get in over 19 miles and although I was feeling sluggish, I kept moving and enjoyed the sun and early morning. The next few days are calling for some good weather which will make the miles I am going to put in that much more enjoyable. I will update you on how the workouts go!

1 comment:

  1. BB I am so pumped for you! can't wait to read all about your race!

    ReplyDelete