Monday, July 27, 2009

5 Days...

Yep, I said it 5 days left, that is all until the start of UMC. (excuse me as I hyperventilate).  It is hard to believe that I head out west Wednesday morning, but at the same time I am so looking forward to the entire experience that I can't help but be excited.  I do have a great deal to get done in the next 36 hours but really it is only packing and if I forget anything, they do have stores in Penticton! (as my crew keeps reminding me!)  
The weather here in Ontario hasn't been very summer like so far so if it decides to be cold and rainy, I am ready. However, the temperatures out west have been way higher than we have had all summer here so I look forward to seeing the sunshine and warm temperatures, I have to remember to pack my salt tabs!
 Spent the weekend chilling with the kidlets and we had a lot of fun times, it was so great to be together and laugh. I sure miss them when they aren't with me but the time we are together is so enjoyable and it helps me get through!  I will use them to get me through the tough times on day 3 for sure!  
My body is feeling pretty good and I am feeling pretty confident. Will be taking the bike out for one last little ride before she gets packed away for the trip! I am feeling good in the water and the running is feeling great. Hopefully, race weekend the body will continue to feel good with no major issues. I think that is the thing that I am happiest about. Despite all of the mileage there has been no major injury that crept in, maybe in part because of the stress and drama, I didn't do all the training I might have done, but I think in the end, this is what needed to be done, everything happens for a reason right.  I feel good, the body feels strong and I am sleeping well. So as my one swim coach used to say "the hay is in the barn" now let the fun begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment