Thursday, August 19, 2010

Soaring...


A wonderful person sent me a message the other day and made a comment about this photo..she wrote "So fun to see your spirit soar...just like in your profile picture"...that comment made me smile and think about how far I have come. It hasn't been the easiest route and life sure has been challenging...but it is that way for everyone and I think the struggles and stress that we all go through makes happiness that much sweeter. Life isn't always kind and you can never control what is going to come next but I have gotten to the point that I am surrounded and loved by positive, great people and I know that I can handle anything.

I am almost back to normal after getting the wisdom teeth pulled...I am still having a lot of discomfort in the mouth but I am slowly getting back to eating the things that I love...although I paid the price for eating those Snyder's of Hanover pretzel pieces...but they are SO good and SV was enjoying them...it was worth the intense jaw pain!
We had our last TT of the summer this week...I have missed the last few because of studying and getting the teeth pulled, but was glad to be able to do the last one...we had the option of 23.6 or 30km and SV encouraged me to do the 30km...it was a windy night and cool but I felt pretty good, legs felt strong... the top 4 ladies were within 20 seconds of each other so that made it pretty exciting for the volunteers who organize it. I want to just say how impressed I am with Wanda and Greg..they put so much time and energy into putting these on for us (with support from the local Bike Shops!) they were awesome with the timing and encouragement and they made it fun! You guys rock!! Thanks so much and I look forward to the series next summer (I will try to do more than 4!) after the TT we all headed to BP on the wharf and had a great wrap up celebration.
We also had our last group swim out at MD's place...a great night to swim out on Lake Rosseau..SV and I did 3.2km and then enjoyed some yummy dinner with the group. I am feeling good in the water and SV is swimming strong!
All these "last" events is making me wonder where the summer went...hard to believe it is almost time for it to come to an end...but we have a few more weeks and I know I will enjoy them!

1 comment:

  1. You are soaring, my dear!
    I absolutely love that picture of you.

    ReplyDelete