Monday, August 2, 2010

a few more things

wow...it's August already, can't believe how the summer is flying...been so busy lately seems like there are not enough hours in the day but I do the best I can. School is insane right now...exam after exam and finals aren't even here yet, lol, but it is all good. I like the material we are covering and being able to put it all together, a few more weeks and I will be onto semester 3, crazy to think about but it is going fast!
SV and I did the Bala race the weekend after Gravenhurst...we didn't go into this race very well prepared, we had a busy week with more time spent doing anything but training, but that is life and SV came down with a chest/head cold a few days before the race but we decided what the heck, we had a friend doing the race and I had never done this one before and SV has done it every year except for 2 years since the race started 15 years ago. It ended up being a good race for both of us. I came out of the water in 2nd place and ended up being the first person out of transition...my first time being led out by the lead vehicle...very fun..lol. I stayed in the front for the first 10km, but then I felt the butt pat and off went SV blazing up the bike course. It is a challenging bike course in Bala...always climbing a hill it seems, but they are the kind of hills I like and I really enjoyed the ride...I managed to stay in 2nd on the bike for the rest of the ride, but SV was so far ahead of me I knew I wouldn't be catching him this time. The run was a tough one again some pretty tough hills and thankfully it wasn't as hot as the weekend before in Gravenhurst. I finished this race in 6th place...first woman overall. I was happy with how I did and the body was sore.
I also caught SV cold which is annoying..a summer cold is never fun..I also broke out in hives again...that is the second time...but interestingly the outbreak again happened after a stressful day of drama...I see a pattern here...hopefully this will be one of the last times I get hives but if not at least I know the cause now! And the third crummy annoyance this week was my wisdom teeth began causing me problems...in the past I have been able to ignore and avoid the dentist...I love my teeth and I take good care of them but this week I had to admit that they give me pain and after seeing extractor Andy...well these suckers have got to come out...it will happen in the next little bit..not thrilled about it (I passed out when my sister had hers pulled, lol) but I know that I can't live with the pain I have been in this week...I will let you know how it goes!
A year ago this weekend I did UMC...and man am I glad that I am not out there this year...not sure how I was able to do such an epic adventure and for now I am happy to look back at all the great memories from that race....it looks like they are having a great weekend out there for the race, my swim course record was broken (Great Job Tracy!!) and to be honest I had said if my record was broken I would consider doing UMC again....but I made a promise to SV and to myself and I am comfortable with that promise....shorter pursuits are fitting me and life and family so much better right now....plus it leaves plenty of time for the "pants" war that SV and I have taken too....currently tied at 1-1!!

1 comment:

  1. Well done, BB! You are really doing well at these fast tris! Love seeing your name up there with the boys :)

    ReplyDelete