Monday, August 9, 2010

Soggy and Swollen...

Rain, Rain and more Rain...that is what greeted me on Sunday morning, normally for a Sunday morning this would be an excuse to sleep in, however this Sunday morning I had made the mistake of putting the idea of doing a triathlon relay on the table...the reason this was a mistake was that I mentioned this idea to 2 very hard core ladies that jumped at it, the other reason this was a mistake was that I said I would do the half marathon portion of the race....normally not an issue for me since I tend to like the long stuff, but this year I have fully embraced the short distance training and have not run farther than 15km in over 10 months....ok not a problem, it's a relay and we will have some fun, 3 ladies going out and enjoying a nice Sunday (I also talked SV into coming and doing the swim/bike race that they had).
The Bracebridge half is a great course... the swim is in the river and Beth did a great job out there... the bike course is challenging and MD tore it up, she knows those roads and did a great job, all while on her road bike! I have ridden the run course many times and figured that the hills would be challenging but it would be a good training day...unfortunately it started to pour and continued to pour the entire time I was out running...this was a very challenging run for me...starting fresh while other people are 2/3 through their day...I enjoy doing the run portion of a relay because you always feel fast passing everyone, but this race was challenging...some big hills and the non-stop rain made it tough. I focused on picking off the runners in front of me and trying to catch as many as I could...in the end I passed 26 athletes and was only passed by 2..I loved seeing old friends and new ones out there splashing in the puddles. I crossed the line and was happy with my run, it wasn't a really fast time but I will take it for a training run on a tough course...my feet were soggy and covered in blisters and I was cold when I finished, but it was great having my girlies there cheering for me (and making sure I got some pizza at the finish line!!) SV had a good day too, placing first in the swim/bike race!
Monday was a little different...had the 4 wisdom teeth taken out...I was pretty nervous about it..not a fan of needles and drills and tools and pain, lol...yep I'm a wuss...the Dr. was great and I didn't feel a thing :)....don't even really remember the drive home (SV was driving sillies!)...I'm doing pretty good, I am swollen...SV is calling me his puffer fish...
I have some pain..it hurts to smile and laugh..and I am missing food something fierce...I had 4 perogies tonight (it took me a good 30-40 minutes to eat them, but hey it wasn't soup or eggs so I am thrilled!), I am getting better...no bruising yet and the stitches are starting to loosen (feel them at the back of my tongue, such a great feeling!!) soon I will be able to open my mouth wide enough and chew so that I can get back to eating burgers and popcorn and sandwiches and cashews and carrots and pizza and steak and sushi and corn on the cob and strawberries and chicken and apple crumble...... I have only had one food related melt down and I am craving everything right now...what should my first meal be?? I am going to start planning!!
On top of all this I am in the midst of finals...3 are down...3 to go...it has been a crazy few weeks with school but I am doing well and the light at the end of the tunnel is near. I am feeling good about the finals I have coming up and did really well on the ones I wrote this week...pain meds and all!
Looking forward to the next few days and getting back to eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment