Monday, August 24, 2009

Now what?

It's hard to believe that UMC has come and gone. I have so many happy memories but at times it doesn't feel like it is possible that I actually did it. The body is feeling pretty good. I have been out swimming, biking and running and I have to admit that I feel better than I thought I would. There isn't a lot of gas in the tank and an 11km run with Steve brought me to the point of wanting to vomit so maybe I am feeling a little tired, lol. When I had thought of the UMC, I imagined that I would be out of commission for awhile and that I would have no desire to get out training again, but I am happy to report that the desire is there and I am forcing myself to take it pretty easy so that I do fully recover but I have not lost my desire to get out there and that is awesome. I have spent the past couple of weeks catching up with some friends and spending time with my family. It has been great and the weather here has finally cooperated and we got a little bit of summer weather. I have 2 new coaching jobs that start soon and I am really looking forward to getting back on the pool deck with swimmers, it is going to be fun!
I have had several people asking me about doing another ultraman and while I loved the entire experience and had an amazing time, I am not sure that I can make that commitment anytime soon. I am not one to say never to something, but I know it isn't in my cards for 2010 (I didn't even open the application form,I didn't want to be tempted, lol) I would like to try a new challenge and push myself in other ways, but at the same time if I feel that I need to go back and do it again, I know that I would toe the line at UMC again, maybe if someone breaks my swim record.....
So what should the new challenge be? Not sure yet, haven't gotten the itch to do anything or found anything interesting enough to have me think "can I do that?" but I think I may hit a shorter race soon just for fun and see what it is like to do a triathlon, something I haven't done in awhile (a short one with at T1 and T2--not a 3 day race) I am looking forward to it and hope it is as fun as UMC was!

2 comments:

  1. How about training strictly for a marathon? That's my plan for 2010. I need some training buddies to get me to sub-3. Interested?

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting...keep talking....training there would seal the deal I think :)

    ReplyDelete