Saturday, August 1, 2009

Let's Go!

It is 5:30am and it is almost time to head to Skaha Lake.  I actually slept pretty well and was feeling calm when I woke up. I do have a few butterflies swimming around in the belly but that is to be expected.  I feel as ready as I can and I am looking forward to the challenges that lie ahead.
Steve is going to be paddling beside me for the 10km swim. Peggy and Susan will be waiting in T1 to help me get out on the bike and then we will spend the remainder of the day leap frogging each other out on the course.  It is so nice to know that I will see them often out there.  I am looking forward to biking the Ironman Canada course again, it is a beautiful ride with some great downhills (yes the uphills are pretty kick ass too!).  I look forward to the Day 1 finish line and cooling down in the lake afterwards. 
 Ready or Not here we go!

1 comment: