Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sunshine

That has been my focus lately, sunshine, and I found it very fitting that my oldest gave me a mothers day card saying that I am her sunshine, it made my day.  Things have been a little complicated in my life but each day starts and comes to an end. We are surviving the best that we can and in the end, can you ask for more than that. I try to focus on the good and look for the sunshine in everything. It is easy to get caught in dark places but sunshine gives you hope and that is all I feel we need.
This week has gotten a little back on track for me, with regards to training, it is a great way to clear the head and work out some stress!  I got up early yesterday and headed to the pool, I hadn't been in since the crash in Florida and the elbow/shoulder seemed better so I wanted to test it out.  Was happy that none of the pain remained, could feel that the left arm was a little weaker than the right but I may have been babying it. I ended up doing 3500 LCM and was pretty happy with how I felt. I really love swimming long course! The elbow throbbed a little the rest of the day but it wasn't anything that I couldn't handle.  
Today I did core class with my morning crew and I really enjoyed it, although my butt was on fire at some points!  Then I rode into London, a ride I had never done before, but I actually quite enjoyed, the roads I took were pretty busy with traffic but it was nice to ride hard and really have no thoughts. I ended the ride on the bike paths to get here and it was so nice to see so many people outdoors being active, I couldn't help but smile.
I have some stuff to do tomorrow before I head back to the girls and I am hoping that it all goes well and that the sun continues to shine!

1 comment: