Monday, May 18, 2009

Long Weekends

Nothing like the Victoria Day weekend to remind you that summer is just around the corner.  The weather this long weekend has been a little on the cold side but luckily the sun has shined for the majority of it so it has been one of those weekends you just don't want to end.
I ended up doing my long run on Thursday, it was a beautiful day for a long run, warm and sunny. The body is feeling pretty great and I enjoyed running around London and having the beauty of the parks, Bob joined me for part of the run and it was nice to have some company while out there.  Friday, I got up early and headed to the pool, my motivation was pretty low and the water was pretty cold, so not a good combination. I managed to force myself to finish some mileage but no where near the effort I should have put in.  Friday ended up being a stressful day with a counseling session but I feel we are slowly approaching an area that will be healthy for the girls and that gives me hope.  
I am in search of a new bike to get me to UMC, as the bike was something that didn't end up in my possession in this process, but again, it is for the best and it is giving me a chance to look for something new.  Not sure what I am going to end up going with but know that I had better get my butt moving because there is a lot of mileage I need to get done in my training, I do have a bike I can borrow for the time being and it is a bike I know well, but I hope to find something soon, looked around a bit this weekend but haven't decided what I want to get.  Got in a pretty good run yesterday, the sun was out and it just made for a beautiful day to run. The wind was insane for most of it and I found myself chasing my hat on a few occasions which just provided some good laughs.  I am happy with the way the legs are feeling with all the running that I have been doing these past 6 months, I am feeling really confident in my runs just have to keep on top of the yoga as I am feeling a little stiff lately.
Tomorrow is the first day at the new Multisport Zone location, I am pumped to be in helping Jeff and Darryl get things ready for the grand opening. The place looks great and I think it is going to be a great place to be and for people to come and train and I can't wait to get some of my athletes in the Endless Pool!
Headed out for another run now(no swimming today as all the pools are closed) then it is family time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment