Friday, July 9, 2010

July

Wimbledon...Tour de France....heat and humidity....I am in love with this month so far.
SV introduced me to tennis last year, a sport I had never been interested in watching before but now I am hooked, the skill, speed and power that these players put into each of their shots is impressive...I loved watching Wimbledon this year..some interesting things happened...and I look forward to the US Open!
Then the tour stared this week...so far so good, many crashes and excitement...it never disappoints and to be honest it is my favourite thing about summer...always makes me want to get out there and ride..it also floors me to know that they are able to ride at 50-55km/hour...amazing!
I had my 3rd attempt at the TT this week...I am really loving/hating this event...it is a great group of people who are coming out each week, between 10-14 people..and the volunteers are pretty amazing to come out and do all this for us. Last week I wore toe warmers and arm warmers and the wind was intense. I rode about 30 seconds slower than the first week but I was happy with my effort. This week I thought we were crazy to even be attempting it. It was 42 degrees out with the humidity and my motivation level was non-existent. I tried to tell SV that it wasn't healthy for us and that we shouldn't be doing anything intense....his response was.."this is the temperature it was for your Ultraman last year and it will be 30 minutes of hard work"......so to say the least I put my bike gear on and off we went.
I had a pretty good ride actually. I did a PB by 30 seconds and felt pretty strong and was actually able to even split the 2 laps. There is one lady that has come out the last few times and she is fast, I ended up being only 8 seconds behind her and it was great to be pushed by her and to know that I was pushing her as well! It was hot and painful..I was soaked by the time we were done but it was also a lot of fun. I am actually starting to enjoy these tt's...so different than what I have done before but fun to push hard and I never thought I would be able to ride at the speed I am riding at...hopefully I will learn how to do that in a race setting but for now I am having fun with the time trials.
I also found my way back to the water this week, the last time I swam was the triathlon last month but I have been in the water 3 times so far this week...can't say I am feeling great in the water but at least I am getting in again...we also got out in the lake for a swim and I am really happy with the new wetsuit...fit is great and the feel is even better!



No comments:

Post a Comment