Thursday, July 15, 2010

Muskoka

I remember my first ride up here in Muskoka last summer. SV took me out and we were going to do an easy 62km ride...the first 15km I broke up with him in my mind at least 3 times (possibly 4 but I can't be sure) these little hills that SV said we were "nothing" just about killed me...nothing like the hills I was used to riding in Southwestern Ontario...now just over a year later the Beach Rd is one of my favourites in the area to ride and I am looking forward to racing on it for the first time this weekend. The Gravenhurst Triathlon is here and I am excited to get out there and have some fun. The course really is a great one and even though I haven't done this race before, I have swam, biked and ran the course so many times in the last year, some good some really really bad, I can't wait to have 300 other athletes out there finding out why I love it so much. We have friends coming up to do the race and to celebrate SV's birthday (Happy Birthday babe!!)...I am looking forward to spending time with great people, pushing hard and then celebrating. This will be my first Olympic distance triathlon since 2001...my goal is PB baby, lol...hopefully that won't be a problem as it was my first triathlon ever...I think I know a few more things now...
SV is going down this race...there I said it..okay maybe not..but my goal is to get to the 18km mark on the ride before he passes me...and then make myself look strong on the run course so he thinks I'm catching him...ssshhh don't tell.... It should be a great weekend!

Lastly I want to just congratulate 2 of the best people in the whole wide world on an accomplishment I am very impressed with. My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary...such great parents, spouses and friends! They have a marriage that amazes me and gives me faith that marriage can work (even if it isn't something I intend to ever do again). Congratulations on being so great for one another, for showing me that your partner has to be your lover and your friend and that relationships aren't always easy but liking each other and being a great team can get you through all the hard times! I love you both and thank you for being so great together!

No comments:

Post a Comment