Friday, June 25, 2010

TT

So I did my first TT last week... The Muskoka Cycling Club is putting on a series of TT this summer and I was excited to do a time trial but also wasn't really sure "how" to do it. My race in Binbrook left me feeling a little disappointed in my biking because I didn't really pace it right, but I guess that is the beauty of learning to do something new.
The day of the time trial turned out to be a rough one for me mentally as I had a pretty emotional conversation and despite trying to be strong sometimes things said still hurt and upset me...I was thinking of not going to the event as my motivation level was low but SV got me going and told me I would feel better and all I had to do was go hard for 23.6 km...at that moment there was nothing I wanted to do less, lol. MD and KM were great and gave me big hugs and I figured what the hell...there was going to be a beer at the end.
They sent people off 1 minute apart...there was no real order, we just went in the order we arrived..I went 8th and started one minute behind SV...which I realized wasn't that great because it made me 2 minutes behind the next person that I was trying to catch, as I knew I wouldn't be catching SV. lol
It ended up being a very interesting event. There was 2 laps on the Parkway and I really liked the route. They did a great job with organizing it and made sure the course was clearly marked. I pushed hard and it was fun to see SV blazing by all the other riders. It was very different from anything I am used to and I did enjoy it. I was able to work out some of my frustration on that ride and at the end I knew I had put in a good effort and the day was saved, lol..
I ended up placing 4th overall and was the first place woman which was cool, but I was still 4 minutes behind SV (he won by over 30 seconds), but my average speed was higher than I thought I would be able to ride at and I am pretty happy with it.
I look forward to doing a few more of these events this summer and seeing if I can improve on my first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment