Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Riding

Wow, it has been a great few weeks weather wise...best time of year, everything smells fresh and new and it is getting greener everyday. We had a great Easter weekend, the girls and I hung out down on the dock at the house, Kayla even asked to go swimming...but when we dipped our toes in she changed her mind, lol (the snow on the neighbours rocks should have told us how cold the water was) but we are looking forward to the temperatures rising so that we can play down at the water daily.
SV and I were also able to get out for our first outdoor rides of the season, it was great. We did 3 rides over the long weekend and the temperatures were perfect. We did a good mix of some hard efforts and some social riding...it is great to be meeting up with new people and heading out for rides. I felt pretty good on the bike, it is great to be off the trainer and onto the roads. My positioning feels great and I can feel some of the indoor rides have made me stronger. On our third ride one of the riders decided we should sprint and off we went....well I am not used to this type of effort.. I'm used to getting on my bike and just riding and riding..lol, sprinting hurts, it hurts a lot...felt Quad muscles I didn't realize I had but it was great. I love pushing hard and having fun. We also did our first brick workout and man have I forgotten what that felt like. Last year training for Ultraman, I didn't have to worry about running off the bike, but this first workout opened up my eyes, especially since we did a hilly run, I was so glad when it was all over but I can also tell that I have a different level of fitness than I did at this time last year and it feels pretty good. This past weekend we headed out for another ride with MD and she took me on some roads I hadn't been on before, they were great, hilly but great. We ended up doing a challenging 70km ride with plenty of hills, it is a bonus to be out on the hills this early in the year and I can tell I am a stronger hill rider than I once was, it was a little colder than the week before but the sun was bright and we had a great ride. Hoping to get out a few times this week before the rain comes.
I have had some issues with my tummy over the last few runs, but I think it is a combination of stress and antibiotics, I had a pretty brutal case of strep throat...but I am feeling better now so things should be all good soon! Otherwise the body is feeling great.
I had my first final exam yesterday and it went well, only 4 more exams to get through...So far the RMT course has been great. I am not stressed about the finals because I have a really good average so far so I am reviewing everything but not getting carried away with being stressed. I have enough stress in my life as it is so I am not going to let something that I am enjoying and motivated for cause me even more stress....just getting my studying done and am well prepared. I will be done soon and then have a glorious 2 weeks off before second semester begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment