Friday, March 5, 2010

Sore

This camp of mine is getting painful, lol... I can't complain because it is self inflicted but wow is my body getting a wake up call this week!
I have been "working out" these past few months, but really since Ultraman, and even before Ultraman, my workouts were just that, doing something and dealing with stress. However, I have gotten my butt in gear and rather than just working out, I am "training" again and it feels great.
I headed out for a run on Wednesday, the sun was bright and the temperature was pretty mild, a perfect day for a run...this is the part of winter I like to run in and I felt great. I headed down a road I haven't been on yet and it turned out to be a new favourite, quiet, smooth and no dogs! I felt pretty relaxed and really enjoyed the 12.5 km. I finished up the day with a good yoga session...I am trying to keep yoga at the top of my to do list as I want to stay injury free and my new mat is awesome and has me wanting to do more!
Thursday was an early day and SV and I put in a tough time trial effort ride on the trainers. What a ride. I am not used to pushing myself at this way or doing efforts like this one but I have to admit that I really liked the challenge, it hurt and there was some burning going on but I pushed hard. This workout and the other one I have done a couple of times are definitely going to make me a better cyclist. After our bike ride we headed to the gym to lift weights. I have fallen off the weight lifting wagon and I can't even remember when I did it last, I keep up with my core workouts but I always enjoy lifting. It was fun to be in the weight room with SV and we had a good time but I was already feeling it in the muscles as we were leaving the gym. I did more yoga that evening and sat down to watch Survivor totally spent. I woke up this morning feeling muscles that I haven't felt in awhile and I am pretty tired today, but I'm getting back on the trainer to see if I can loosen up these legs and hope to head out for another run in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment