Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Time Flies

October 2nd...crazy to think that summer is officially behind us...the trees in Muskoka have taken on the breath-taking beauty of fall and there's a chill in the air, even with the glorious sun shining! I love autumn in Muskoka, so beautiful, but I was hoping it would stay away for a little while.  After such an amazing summer it is hard to move on, all I can hope is that winter is going to be just as great!

 I took a couple of days to recover from Centurion and found my way back to the pool and although I am not feeling strong in the water at least I am feeling "less sloppy".  SV and I have been keeping the training consistent with the arrival of fall.  It can be hard to stay motivated this time of year, as it's "off season" for most people, but I keep focusing on how hard those 2+ hours are going to be on race day (ITU Olympic Age Group World Championships- Auckland, NZ)  if I don't get my workouts done now,  and that has helped keep my butt moving.

 On Sunday SV and I did our "Killer Brick Workout",  a workout that I didn't think could get any more challenging.  Man was I wrong.  This workout toasted me...I was shattered at the end of it, but wow did it feel good to put in an all out effort.  Only a few more hard workouts over the next 2 weeks and then it's taper time...that's right 2 WEEKS until we are off to NZ!  Hard to believe a year ago we were just thinking about how much fun it was going to be, and now it's almost time!

Today I received some great news...extra motivation to keep working hard all the way to NZ .   I am honoured and humbled to have been selected by Triathlon Ontario as the 2012  Age Group Female Triathlete of the Year.  I am extremely appreciative of everyone who has pushed me to do my best throughout the triathlon season here in Ontario. Here's to hoping I can take all this positive energy with me all the way to the finish line in Auckland.....what a ride.

 Muskoka Colours
 SV ready to ride




4 comments:

  1. Amazing Barbi!!!!

    Congratulations girl. I'm so proud and so not surprised :)
    You are my hero!!!

    Wishing you an amazing trip and a great race in NZ!

    Missing you,

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Barbi!! I love following your blog and hearing what you are up to. Have a great time!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOO HOO Barbi!!! Big HUGE congrats on your recognition....so well deserved! Wishing you all the best in NZ, have the time of your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award, that’s great Barbi!

    ReplyDelete