Sunday, August 21, 2011

Update.

The hip is getting better...it isn't 100% better but I am no longer walking around like Frankenstein so that is a huge improvement. Certain movements still cause sharp shooting pains but they are becoming fewer and fewer. I have been doing yoga daily and I think that is really helping, not only my body but my mind as well....ever since my sister turned me on to Yoga in 2002 it has always been something that makes me feel so relaxed and strong. I am coming to realize that since I like to train hard, I have to reward my body for that hard work and Yoga is the best reward I can give it. I can see the improvements over the last 2 weeks and I am motivated to keep yoga on my daily list even when life gets crazy.
SV and I headed out on a great bike ride the other day...this route has become my new favourite...it has all the beauty and challenges that come with living in Muskoka...it was a tough route but I can't wait to do it again...and take some pics so that I can share it all with you.
My girlies came back from camp this week...so great to see them all tanned and fit and excited about all the activities and new friends they made while they were away...makes me wish they had a summer camp for adults...I love that they were able to have such a great experience and knowing that they spent 3 weeks enjoying the outdoors and being active and media free...love it!
A new adventure has me excited this week...SV and I are packing up and hitting the road...on the motor bike...yep that's right...packing only what we can fit into the panniers and a backpack...that doesn't leave me with a lot of options for footwear, lol....We are planning on heading east and just taking our time, stopping when we need a break...no real plan but hope to make it to Vermont and Maine...I have a feeling a lobster or two will be consumed!! Should be a fun trip...running and yoga and hopefully a swim or two...I plan on taking lots of pictures and I am sure I will have some fun stuff to tell you about when we return....not long till the little ones are back and school (and me as well) and the lazy summer days are behind us...hope you all enjoy it!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like an amazing trip.
    I should really "reward" my body with yoga. I am terrible at sticking with it for some reason.
    Enjoy the delicious seafood!!!

    ReplyDelete