Thursday, May 20, 2010

In the Groove

It has been an interesting few weeks, getting back to classes, learning new things and attempting new training. I have been busy! It's great to be back in classes and although it's going to be a hard semester we are a pretty close group of students so we are all helping each other and I think it will be a great semester.
It looks like the nice weather is finally here to stay, we had some really chilly days the last 2 weeks, even had some snow and riding outside was not fun, but now the forecast is looking great...it is a beautiful time up here..everything is in full bloom, so fresh and pretty..the smell of lilacs (one of my favourite smells while riding/running)in the air, all the trees are full and gorgeous, the lakes are clear and blue, the sunsets are breath taking...I really love it up here...being outside is easy, even with all the black flies!!
I have been doing some really great training, I am trying to break my Ironman/Ultraman mind set and push myself in doing shorter races/workouts...and even though they are intense and painful..they are done quickly and then the rest of the day is free...I enjoy heading out for a long ride but it is nice to know that I can go out do a hard 50-70km ride and it is enough...I have always liked the long stuff, but I am enjoying not having to go long right now...my life is busy enough to not have to try to fit in 4-6 hours of biking and 2-3 hours of running in on the weekends!
SV had me do this crazy brick workout last week with him, it was intense and I figured I would hold back a little because it was only the first time I was attempting it...and I was learning how to get on my bike like a real triathlete, I even have bruises, lol... it was a killer workout and I pushed hard...I felt really strong on the bike and run and I was happy with how well I did but man was I exhausted, but I loved pushing hard, didn't hold back and learned a few new things....however, I discovered that swimming the day after an all out effort can be messy...really messy...but now that I have that first one under my belt I am excited to go out and try it again today...the sun is bright, the wind is blowing and we are off to suffer for 2 hours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment