Friday, October 16, 2009

A Race....

It's true, I am registered for a race this weekend! I am pretty excited it will be the first time toeing the line since Ultraman and I am heading to the race with 2 of my most favourite people!

I am signed up to do a half marathon this weekend. I have only done one half marathon before and that was in 2007, so I am heading into this weekend hoping to pull off a better time than I did back then. I have been feeling pretty good with my running and pretty consistent.

I think the best thing that Ultraman gave me is some confidence in my running. I know now what suffering on a run is and I am pretty confident that regardless of how hard I push, I will never feel the same agony and fatigue and helplessness that I did at 72km into Day 3 of Ultraman. After running 84km the thought of doing 21.1km really doesn't seem that bad any longer. I know it is going to hurt and I am planning on running hard and seeing what these legs can pull off. I am going to try to keep SV within my sights but I have a feeling he is going to put the boots to me but I am going to try to hang on, the pain will be temporary and breakfast will be the reward!

KW is trying her hand at her marathon and I am so excited to be there for her and to see her reach her goal. It is my mission to make sure she has fun and stays positive. I know she will do great and reach her goal.
Overall, I am so excited for this weekend. I really do enjoy going to a race and having some fun, now if only the snow stays away!!

1 comment: