Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Yoga

I started doing Yoga back in 2002...my big sis got me to start doing it after my first Ironman and it got me through my second pregnancy, in those 8 years I have been fairly regular at maintaining a steady practice...at times life has gotten overwhelming and I don't make it to the yoga mat as often as I would like but I always manage to find my way back... the strange thing is that yoga always makes me feel relaxed and strong and smooth but when life gets busy or stressful I somehow neglect the mat... using the kid free time to head out for a bike ride or run rather than getting my ohm on.... But I have decided to make the effort to spend more time on the taking care of me part... I have been enjoying some down time since Budapest... heading out for some bike rides to enjoy the beautiful fall colours, I have taken 2 weeks off running and thought I would let some of the aches recover from a fun summer of doing new things. I have gotten back on the yoga mat and will spend the next 30 days getting reacquainted with some of my favourite poses.... 30 days to remember why I love it and feeling how loose my body can be when I give it the chance to stretch deeply....

1 comment: